Tuesday, September 25, 2007

My rant for today

This rant is actually overdue. So I had a good job with a pretty good company, but wasn't doing enough development work there. I decided to get a job elsewhere and ended up at a startup as a Junior Developer(I just graduated last year and am trying to gain more experience.) I took a huge gamble with this company and it didn't work out for me.

I got off to a bad start because I honestly was a bit complacent. I did not apply myself as much as I should have and because of that I was put in a bad situation. So when I did finally start busting my tail, I was told it wasn't enough. AHHHH! The fact of the matter is there are two reasons I was let go.

  1. I really didn't work hard enough at the start. Lesson learned.
  2. They didn't want someone who had little to almost no real world experience, they wanted someone who knew what they were doing, which at this point in my career I don't fully know that much. I can code, but I've never been involved in a serious project before. I needed leadership and guidance and they had neither of those qualities. Anyways, it sucks that it didn't work out, but I will be fine. Now to just find a job.....

0 comments:

Contact Me

Please contribute via PayPal if you like this blog or just want to help out a bit. This blog takes quite a bit of time and effort, so your contributions would be greatly appreciated. God Bless!

Amazon Links